Monday, February 21, 2011

First time out, no fish, windy as hell, cold, but still good to be out.

Today I arrived at SPSP at around 8am, only to have the entire park to myself.  I planned to go to another location but wanted to check out the pier this park was building for the fishing season.
Once I parked the car I couldn't wait to try some of my new toys I got over the off season.  First was my new Beach Cart!  My inlaws gave me a $50 gift card for Christmas, so with that and Bass Pro's sale I could resist the cart even though I wanted the larger model.
The Cart works great and after 5 minutes with it in use I wondered why I waited so long in the first place.  I do however want to do some modifcations.  I will add at least 3 rod holders, and maybe some reflective tape.


First place I went to was my favorite spot.  Us regulars call it the "Point"; we call it the point for two reasons one because it sticks out some but more so do to the water that meets at about 100 yards out.  This area will be very productive this time next month.



Well after spending some time at the "Point" and not even a bite I decided to move to another spot I was considering spending some time this up coming season.  You can't tell from the pictures but this part of the park is very interesting to me.  It's actually a small piece of beach that has jetty's on both sides of it.  In theory I think at night when the tide's coming in I imagine I will (should ) get a lot of activity by those two structures..  Time will tell!

Well the trip wasn't a good one as far as fish were concerned but it was good that I got a chance to try my pier cart and these new UK Style sinkers I tried today.

No comments:

Post a Comment