Saturday, March 26, 2011

BLACK MAMBA: In Action for the first time..

I finally got a chance to spend some time on the water with the Black Mamba, and so far so GOOD!  I arrived at SPSP at 12:30pm, and had my three lines in the water by 1pm.  2 of the rods were my SUR1508's with Shimano Power Aero XT 10000s, and the 3rd rod was the BLACK Mamba.  The Fishing didn't get good until 5pm, and by the time I left @ 7pm I hooked up with around 8 Rockfish with the largest being in the high 20's.  All but the biggest was caught on the BLACK MAMBA, and handled them with ease.  I wish the largest one would have hooked up on the BLACK MAMBA, but it didn't maybe next time.  I can't say im surpised by the way the rod performed, but would like to catch some fish in the 28plus range before I can be sure that it can handle the "Keeper" size ROCKS...  Time will be the judge..  So far so GREAT..  :)


Misc Pix:



3 comments:

  1. So how come you're not fishing with the abus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that question at least once a week.... LOL I need to service my ABU's and get new line on them before I take them back out. Just being LAZY I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have my BM by early March and can't wait..Thanks for the advise and reviews. Made my choice easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete